Friday, September 10, 2010

Me and diets

Okay I am putting it out there....
A week ago I started another diet... I know, I know, it's supposed to be a life change not a diet blah blah blah but I am going on my first cruise in less than 2 months (yeah me!!) and for some reason the cute board shorts I bought in Vegas in March... that still have their tags on... do not fit! Ok I totally know why they don't fit... I didn't excercise all summer and with so much family and friends around showing off their amazing baking/cooking skills (cough, cough Becky and Julie) what was I supposed to do? And let me tell you my french toast with homemade buttermilk syrup is to die for... just sayin'
So there... I said it... I have struggled to take off the 70 lbs I gained with Seth, I was fortunate (?) that he was 11lbs and I had an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit removed (too much information??) at the same time but I have sat at the same weight since about my 8 week checkup... until last November when I was finally able to take control of my life and went from a size 16 to a 9. Yeah me! But I am going slowly back up again... feeling sluggish and unhappy.
So with this cruise looming ahead of me I am taking the leap again... It's only been a week and I have been sick for 3 days now but I have gotten on the treadmill 2 out of those 3 days, and then promptly fell back into bed for the rest of the day and night and day again but I did it!!
I feel like 4 years of my life have gone missing... I felt so miserable about how I looked that I wouldn't let anybody get to know me, pictures were shunned and moments were not captured. I was surrounded by girls who were fit and happy and I was depressed and overweight.
Until Seth, weight really had never really been a problem for me... I gained 70 lbs with each of my five kids... and I would work it off, when I met Steve I looked and felt great! Thanks to a fabulous kickboxing class and a busy life style and I admit 2 months of Herbalife I was in the best shape I had been since my militia days. I had given up on myself and thought that I would never have my body or my life back! It's been a slow process... but my kids and my hubby have been my biggest supporters... reminding me that the cookies I made for them are not on my diet but they have always loved me for who I am, not what size I am. But they like it when I can hike and play and swim with them, mostly they like me healthy. So I am doing this for them as much as for myself. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Sarah-Lynn said...

Wow, a cruise? Sounds fun!!! What is this diet?