Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Zucchini Pineapple Loaf


Here's a yummy recipe for all of that zucchini you, or if you're like me, you're mother-in-law has grown!





2 Eggs


1/2 cup cooking oil


1 cup granulated sugar


1 cup grated zucchini, unpeeled


1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained


1 tsp Vanilla





2 cups flour


1 tsp baking soda


1/2 tsp baking powder


1/2 tsp salt


3/4 tsp cinnamon


1/4 tsp nutmeg


1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional





Beat Eggs, cooking oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini, pineapple and vanilla.


Measure remaining 7 ingredients into another bowl. Por all at once into batter. Stir just to moisten. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in 350 F oven for 1 hour until it tests done. Cool for 10 minutes turn loaf out of pan to cool on rack. Wrap. Yield 1 loaf





I 4x the recipe and it made 5 nice size loaves. I also pureed the zucchini and added an extra cup and I used half white flour and half whole wheat. I cooked them all at the same time and they turned out great. I think they would freeze just fine too. Why make one when you can make 5!

No comments: