Monday, July 19, 2010

Almost here!!

I have been tidying, vacuuming, cleaning and doing wash all day so my house is almost ready for when my mom comes! Yeah so excited... so don't want to cry when I see her!
If I could get the boys to stop eating for a minute the kitchen would be done too but that will never happen. I would have been leaving for the airport right now but it looks like her plane is about 1 hour late and I am so done with housework... so I am just hanging out listening to my boys and some neighborhood friends jam out downstairs.
Who knew I would not mind at all the noise... I mean music... that comes from drums, electric bass and guitar all hooked up to amps and pedals. Not only don't I mind, I actually like it! It makes me happy to hear them work together and really they are pretty good :) I wish they would do it more!
I've been thinking alot about my family and how sad it is that I have three adorable nieces that I have never even met... I don't even remember the last time we were all together. Why does the world have to be so big?
It is always bittersweet when I have Steve's family visit for the summer... This time we got them all at once for Gramma and Grampa Smiths 50th wedding anniversary. We got a big group shot and individual family pics. Sherry Ward was our photographer check her out at http://www.srwportraits.blogspot.com/ She even came to our picnic and took a buttload of candids too. We all can't wait to see them... she's posted a couple of teasers on her blog and it's killing us!! We had a neat program in the evening and boy we got some talented kids! It was so fun to watch the cousins just love spending time together, every minute... whether it was just watching TV or playing cards or in a circle outside playing games. Every body got along so well. I just loved it. But it also makes me realize how much I miss my family. So I go from being in a fun mood to feeling sorry for myself! My poor sis-in-laws really don't know what to do with me! But fortunately they seem to put up with me and kept inviting me to go places with them :) and boy did we eat and eat and eat! They can shop me under the table though so I past going to Target and Costco like everyday! we are all in agreement that everybody should move closer!
Our house has a most beautiful office... High ceiling, built ins, granite counters, huge desk! So I decided when I had the girls come over to help sew some cute skirts... (still waiting for pics girls!) that I would move everything up from the laundry room to the office. Having the space work double duty is a little difficult but it is so nice to have my machines out and a huge cutting space. It's a work in progress! wish me luck!
Well I am off to pick up my mama from the airport :) Did I tell you that I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

Hearts Turned said...

I missed this one! Love reading what you write, Karen! Keep it up!!!

Hope you had a wonderful time with you Mom--I bet you did!

The girls are still missing you all--still talking about all the fun with cousins every minute of the day, just like you said...and all the sewing with their Auntie Karen...one of their very favorite memories of the summer! They HAVE worn their skirts, but I keep forget to take pictures! I will try to do that this week!

Life's been nuts ever since we got home...Girls' Camp just done a week ago...still putting stuff away from both that AND the Utah trip! (What a lazy girl!)

Hope your big family camping trip was fun! Can't wait to hear more about it...

Well, off to cook a little late dinner...miss you and love you loads!

Julie